WARNER HOME VIDEO TO RELEASE “DARK SHADOWS” OCTOBER 2nd
“Visually stunning, hilarious and lots of fun!”
-Scott Mantz, Access Hollywood
EVERY FAMILY HAS ITS DEMONS IN
ARRIVING ONTO BLU-RAY COMBO PACK, DVD and DIGITAL DOWNLOAD
ON OCTOBER 2 FROM
WARNER BROS. HOME ENTERTAINMENT GROUP
All disc versions feature UltraViolet
Burbank, CA, July 31, 2012 – Vampires, werewolves and a family of quirky characters collide as “Dark Shadows” comes back to life, arriving onto Blu-ray Combo Pack, DVD and Digital Download on October 2 from Warner Home Entertainment Group. Directed by Tim Burton and starring Johnny Depp as Barnabas Collins, “Dark Shadows” follows a vampireawoken from a multi-century sleep only to find that the family business is near ruin, his descendents are struggling and his past may come back to haunt him.
Burton directed “Dark Shadows” from a screenplay by Seth Grahame-Smith, story by John August and Grahame-Smith, based on the television series created by Dan Curtis. The film was produced by Oscar® winner Richard D. Zanuck (“Alice in Wonderland,” “Driving Miss Daisy”), Oscar® winner Graham King, (“Rango,” “The Departed”), Johnny Depp, Christi Dembrowski, and David Kennedy.
Johnny Depp leads the acclaimed cast, which also includes Michelle Pfeiffer, Helena Bonham Carter, Eva Green, Bella Heathcote, Chloë Grace Moretz, Johnny Lee Miller, Gully McGrath and Jackie Earle Haley.
“Dark Shadows” will be available on Blu-ray Combo Pack for $35.99 and on single disc DVD for $28.98. The Blu-ray Combo Pack features a hi-definition and standard definition copy of the film and UltraViolet; and the single disc DVD features a standard definition copy of the film and UltraViolet. UltraViolet allows consumers to download and instantly stream the standard definition theatrical version of the film to a wide range of devices including computers and compatible tablets, smartphones, game consoles, Internet-connected TVs and Blu-ray players.*
Director Tim Burton brings the cult classic series “Dark Shadows” to the big screen in a film featuring an all-star cast, led by Johnny Depp, Michelle Pfeiffer and Helena Bonham Carter.
In the year 1750, Joshua and Naomi Collins, with young son Barnabas, set sail from England to start a new life in America, where they build a fishing empire in the coastal Maine town that comes to carry their name: Collinsport. Two decades pass and Barnabas (Johnny Depp) has the world at his feet. The master of Collinwood Manor, Barnabas is rich, powerful and an inveterate playboy…until he makes the grave mistake of falling in love with a beauty named Josette DuPres (Bella Heathcote) and breaking the heart of Angelique Bouchard (Eva Green). A witch in every sense of the word, Angelique dooms him to a fate worse than death—turning him into a vampire, and then burying him…alive.
Nearly two centuries later, Barnabas is inadvertently freed from his tomb and emerges into the very changed world of 1972, a stranger in an even stranger time. Returning to Collinwood Manor, he finds that his once-grand estate has fallen into ruin, and the dysfunctional remnants of the Collins family have fared little better, each harboring their own dark secrets.
Family matriarch Elizabeth Collins Stoddard (Michelle Pfeiffer) is the one person Barnabas entrusts with the truth of his identity. But his rather odd and anachronistic behavior immediately raises the suspicions of the live-in psychiatrist, Dr. Julia Hoffman (Helena Bonham Carter), who has no idea what kind of problems she’s really digging up.
As Barnabas sets out to restore his family name to its former glory, one thing stands in his way: Collinsport’s leading denizen, who goes by the name Angie…and who bears a striking resemblance to a very old acquaintance of Barnabas Collins.
Also residing in Collinwood Manor are Elizabeth’s ne’er-do-well brother, Roger Collins, (Jonny Lee Miller); her rebellious teenage daughter Carolyn Stoddard (Chloë Grace Moretz); and Roger’s precocious 10-year-old son, David Collins (Gully McGrath). The longsuffering caretaker of Collinwood is Willie Loomis (Jackie Earle Haley), and new to the Collins’ employ is David’s nanny, Victoria Winters (Bella Heathcote), who is, mysteriously, the mirror image of Barnabas’ one true love, Josette.
BLU-RAY AND DVD ELEMENTS
“Dark Shadows” Blu-ray Combo Pack contains the following special features:
- See how the brilliant imaginations of Tim Burton and Johnny Depp created Dark Shadows with nine behind-the-film Focus Points.
1) BECOMING BARNABAS – It takes more than just a set of prosthetic fangs! Get the scoop from directly from Johnny Depp on his reimagining of this infamous and undead cult character.
2) WELCOME TO COLLINSPORT! – Explore every strange nook and peculiar cranny of the most spectacularly detailed city to never exist!
3) A MELEE OF MONSTROUS PROPORTIONS – Join the fight and experience the thrilling final battle sequence in a way that only Tim Burton and Johnny Depp could imagine.
4) ANGELIQUE: A WITCH SCORNED – Johnny Depp and Eva Green reveal the lurid details of their character’s centuries old lascivious and tumultuous relationship.
5) RELIVING A DECADE – From groovy bell bottoms to classic rock & roll, strut through the Collinsport of the 70s and discover the topsy-turvy world that Barnabas finds himself in after centuries in the grave.
6) DARK SHADOWY SECRETS – Watch out for exploding buildings and all manner of bizarre, supernatural occurrences as Tim Burton’s spectacular props and special effects wizards bring this eccentric world to crazy life.
7) THE COLLINSES: EVERY FAMILY HAS ITS DEMONS – Become scarily familiar with this creepy cast of quirky characters as Johnny Depp, Helena Bonham Carter and their co-stars reveal their unique working relationship.
8) COOPER ROCKS COLLINSPORT! – Shock rock the night away with the master of musical horror himself, Alice Cooper, as Johnny Depp and the cast invite him to rock the roof off of Collinsport Manor.
9) VAMPIRES, WITCHES AND WEREWOLVES, OH MY! – Uncover the method behind Tim Burton’s madness as he twists and tweaks his favorite classic movie monsters for the gothic universe of Dark Shadows.
- DELETED SCENES
“Dark Shadows” Standard Definition DVD contains the following special features:
- THE COLLINSES: EVERY FAMILY HAS ITS DEMONS – Become scarily familiar with this creepy cast of quirky characters as Johnny Depp, Helena Bonham Carter and their co-stars reveal their unique working relationship.
DIGITAL DISTRIBUTION ELEMENTS
On October 2, “Dark Shadows” will be available for download from online digital retailers including iTunes, Xbox, PlayStation, Amazon, Vudu and CinemaNow.
The film is also available digitally in High Definition (HD) VOD and Standard Definition (SD) VOD from cable and satellite providers, and on select gaming consoles.
*UltraViolet allows you to collect, watch and share movies and TV shows in a whole new way. Available with the purchase of specially marked Blu-ray discs, DVDs and Digital Downloads, UltraViolet lets you create a digital collection of movies and TV shows. Services such as Flixster and VUDU allow you to instantly stream and download UltraViolet content across a wide range of devices including computers and compatible tablets, smartphones, game consoles, Internet-connected TVs and Blu-ray players. Restrictions and limitations apply. Go to ultraviolet.flixster.com/info for details. Learn about VUDU compatible devices at vudu.com.
Blu-ray Combo Pack $35.99
Standard Street Date: October 2, 2012
DVD Languages: English, Latin Spanish, Canadian French
BD Languages: English, Latin Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Canadian French
DVD Subtitles: English SDH, Latin Spanish, Parisian French
BD Subtitles: English SDH, Latin Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Parisian French
Running Time: 113 minutes
Rating: PG-13 for comic horror violence, sexual content, some drug use, language and smoking
DLBY/SURR DLBY/DGTL [CC]
About Warner Home Video
A division of Warner Bros. Entertainment Group with operations in 90 international territories, Warner Home Video, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, commands the largest distribution infrastructure in the global video marketplace. Warner Home Video’s film library is the largest of any studio, offering top quality new and vintage titles from the repertoires of Warner Bros. Pictures, Turner Entertainment, Castle Rock Entertainment, Village Roadshow, HBO Home Video, and New Line Home Entertainment.
About Warner Bros. Digital Distribution
A Division of Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group, Warner Bros. Digital Distribution (WBDD) oversees the electronic distribution of Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group’s content through Video-On-Demand, Pay-Per-View, Electronic Sell-Through and Subscription Video-On-Demand via cable, satellite, online and mobile channels. WBDD also distributes content through third party digital retailers and licensees. A worldwide industry leader since its inception, WBDD also manages the Studio’s E-commerce sites that include WBShop.com and WarnerArchive.com. Twitter: @WBDigitalDist