|Universal City, California, November 5, 2019
– DOWNTON ABBEY, the global sensation hailed as “a grand, cinematic experience” (Mike Reyes, Cinemablend
) welcomes fans back for a spectacular homecoming on Digital November 26, 2019 and on Blu-ray™
, DVD and On Demand on December 17, 2019 from Universal Pictures Home Entertainment. Earning an “A” CinemaScore, the film, which is celebrated by critics as “a true love letter to the fans” (Catalina Combs, Black Girl Nerds
), arrives just in time for the holiday season with a broad variety of bonus features, including exclusive conversations with the cast, deleted scenes and a series recap that whisks audiences away to a world of grandeur.
Based on Carnival Films’ Emmy® award-winning television series, the feature DOWNTON ABBEY sees the original cast return, alongside a host of newcomers. The incredible ensemble cast been applauded by critics as “funny and charming as ever” (Caroline Siede, The A.V. Club). The film chronicles the Crawley family one year after the conclusion of the series, as they prepare for the most important moment of their lives: an impending visit from the Royal Family. Join the glitz, glamour and spectacle as the special visit unleashes scandal, romance and intrigue on the fan-favorite family and its staff members. Lauded as “a delight” (Stephanie Zacharek, TIME), the film comes from the series screenwriter and producer Julian Fellowes, and producers Gareth Neame and Liz Trubridge.
The motion picture will also be available in a Deluxe Limited Edition, featuring the Blu-ray Disc, DVD, and Digital Code, presented in exclusive packaging along with a collectible photo book and recipe cards. Available only while supplies last, this special offering is the must-own gift for any Downton Abbey fan or to add to your own collection.
BLU-RAYTM, DVD & DIGITAL BONUS FEATURES:
- Deleted Scenes
- Cast Conversations – Exclusive roundtable interviews with the cast.
- Upstairs Cast
- Downstairs Cast
- The Royal Visit – A look at how the royal visit proved to be an ambitious event both on and behind the camera.
- True to the Twenties – Fans of DOWNTON ABBEY are charmed by the sheer grandeur of the aristocracy in the early 20th century. Learn how DOWNTON ABBEY maintains a reputation of being true to the time period.
- Welcome to Downton Abbey – A behind-the-scenes look at the grandeur of Highclere Castle and how it serves as a cornerstone in the Downton Abbey franchise.
- The Brilliance of Julian Fellowes – Writer Julian Fellowes has created a story and beloved characters that resonate with people across the world. This piece celebrates Julian’s brilliant creativity and reveals his approach to bringing Downton Abbey to the big screen.
- Downton Abbey Series Recap* – Whether you’re new or just need a refresher, this series recap will catch you up on the story so far.
- Feature Commentary with Director Michael Engler
*Available only on Blu-ray™ and iTunes
DOWNTON ABBEY will be available on Blu-rayTM, DVD and Digital.
- Blu-rayTM unleashes the power of your HDTV and is the best way to watch movies at home, featuring 6X the picture resolution of DVD, exclusive extras and theater-quality surround sound.
- Digital lets fans watch movies anywhere on their favorite devices. Users can instantly stream or download.
- MOVIES ANYWHERE is the digital app that simplifies and enhances the digital movie collection and viewing experience by allowing consumers to access their favorite digital movies in one place when purchased or redeemed through participating digital retailers. Consumers can also redeem digital copy codes found in eligible Blu-rayTM and DVD disc packages from participating studios and stream or download them through Movies Anywhere. MOVIES ANYWHERE is only available in the United States. For more information, visit https://moviesanywhere.com.
For artwork, please log onto our website at www.uphepublicity.com
Directed by: Michael Engler
Screenplay by: Julian Fellowes
Produced by: Gareth Neame, Liz Trubridge, Julian Fellowes
Executive Producers: Nigel Marchant, Brian Percival
Director of Photography: Ben Smithard, BSC
Production Designer: Donal Woods
Edited by: Mark Day
Costume Designer: Anna Robbins
Make-up and Hair Designer: Anne Nosh Oldham
Music by: John Lunn
Historical Advisor: Alastair Bruce
Co-Producer: Mark Hubbard
Casting Director: Jill Trevellick
Production Company: Carnival Films
TECHNICAL INFORMATION BLU-RAYTM:
December 17, 2019
62209648 (US) /62209649 (CDN)
16:9 2.39:1 Widescreen
PG for thematic elements, some suggestive material, and language
English SDH, Spanish and French Subtitles
English DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1/Dolby Digital 2.0, Spanish and French DTS Digital Surround 5.1
2 hours 2 minutes
TECHNICAL INFORMATION DVD:
Street Date: December 17, 2019
Selection Number: 62202700 (US) / 62209165 (CDN)
Layers: DVD 9
Aspect Ratio: 16:9 2.39:1 Anamorphic Widescreen
Rating: PG for thematic elements, some suggestive material, and language
Languages/Subtitles: English SDH, Spanish and French Subtitles
Sound: English Dolby Digital 5.1/Dolby Digital 2.0, Spanish and French Dolby Digital 5.1
Run Time: 2 hours 2 minutes
About Universal Pictures Home Entertainment
Universal Pictures Home Entertainment (UPHE – www.uphe.com) is a unit of Universal Filmed Entertainment Group (UFEG). UFEG produces, acquires, markets and distributes filmed entertainment worldwide in various media formats for theatrical, home entertainment, television and other distribution platforms, as well as consumer products, interactive gaming and live entertainment. The global division includes Universal Pictures, Focus Features, Universal Pictures Home Entertainment, Universal Brand Development, Fandango, DreamWorks Animation Film and Television and Awesomeness. UFEG is part of NBCUniversal, one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a suite of leading Internet-based businesses. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.