DAKOTA JOHNSON AND TRACEE ELLIS ROSS IS NOW AVAILABLE TO OWN FOR THE FIRST TIME
THE HIGH NOTE
FEATURES EXCLUSIVE EXTRAS INCLUDING AN ALL-NEW ORIGINAL MUSIC VIDEO, DELETED SCENES, FEATURETTES, AND MORE!
ON DIGITAL NOW
BLU-RAY TM AND DVD AUGUST 11, 2020
FROM UNIVERSAL PICTURES HOME ENTERTAINMENT
Tune in on Twitter this Friday, July 10th at 6:30pm PT / 9:30pm ET for a Twitter Watch Along with Director Nisha Ganatra (@NishaGrantra) and Special Guests including Tracee Ellis Ross and more.
Universal City, California, July 7, 2020 – Experience the “unexpected and utterly enchanting” (Oliver Jones, Observer) stylish and contemporary female lead comedy THE HIGH NOTE, available on digital now, On Demand July 21, 2020, and on Blu-ray™ and DVD August 11, 2020 from Universal Pictures Home Entertainment. Emmy® nominee and Golden Globe® winner Tracee Ellis Ross (“Blackish”) stars as Grace Davis, a music icon who elevates her career to the next level with the help of Maggie, her ambitious assistant (Dakota Johnson; Fifty Shades of Grey franchise), in the delightful and glamorous film that brings a lighthearted humor to the illustrious and trendy LA music scene. Directed by Nisha Ganatra (Late Night) and written by Flora Greeson, a former personal assistant in the music industry, THE HIGH NOTE features a showstopping cast alongside Ross and Johnson including Kelvin Harrison, Jr. (Luce), Bill Pullman (“The Sinner”), Zoë Chao (Where’d You Go, Bernadette), and June Diane Raphael (The Disaster Artist) with Eddie Izzard (Ocean’s Thirteen) and Ice Cube (Ride Along).
Showcasing brand-new original songs and soulful covers, THE HIGH NOTE on Blu-ray™, DVD and Digital features breathtaking musical performances by Tracee Ellis Ross and Kelvin Harrison, Jr., and comes packed with never-before-seen exclusive bonus content including an all-new original music video, deleted scenes and featurettes with cast and crew taking audiences deeper into the alluring story of Grace Davis and her captivating music career.
Set in the dazzling world of the LA music scene comes the story of Grace Davis (Ross), a superstar whose talent, and ego, have reached unbelievable heights. Maggie (Johnson) is Grace’s overworked personal assistant who’s stuck running errands, but still aspires to her childhood dream of becoming a music producer. When Grace’s manager (Ice Cube) presents her with a choice that could alter the course of her career, Grace must choose between playing it safe or listening to her heart in a decision that could change her life forever. Entertaining and hilarious, THE HIGH NOTE is an uplifting must-own film with a profound message that reminds audiences everywhere to follow your dreams.
THE HIGH NOTE Original Motion Picture Soundtrack [Republic Records] was produced by GRAMMY® Award winner Rodney “Darkchild” Jerkins [Michael Jackson, Beyoncé] and features new recordings by cast members Tracee Ellis Ross and Kelvin Harrison, Jr., as well as classics from Donny Hathaway, Maxine Brown, and Aretha Franklin. Ross delivers a stunning performance of the film’s lead single “Love Myself,” which marks the multi-talented star’s very first career song release and recording. THE HIGH NOTE Original Motion Picture Soundtrack is available HERE now.
BLU-RAYTM, DVD & DIGITAL EXCLUSIVE BONUS FEATURES:
- Deleted Scenes
- The Dream Team: Inside the Creation of THE HIGH NOTE – A behind-the-scenes story of how the film came to life-including screenwriter Flora Greeson’s story and experience as a real Hollywood assistant; how filmmakers created the look of the film; the musical team behind the original tracks; and some of the iconic Los Angeles locations.
- Making A Legend: The Grace Davis Story – Tracee Ellis Ross embodies the character Grace Davis, a superstar struggling to stay relevant in the ever-changing music industry. Featuring behind-the-scenes footage of Tracee as she ‘becomes’ Grace-in the recording studio, on stage, and at home – we’ll learn what it takes to become a musical legend.
- LIKE I DO: Original Song Music Video
- Blu-rayTM unleashes the power of your HDTV and is the best way to watch movies at home, featuring 6X the picture resolution of DVD, exclusive extras and theater-quality surround sound.
- Digital lets fans watch movies anywhere on their favorite devices. Users can instantly stream or download.
- MOVIES ANYWHERE is the digital app that simplifies and enhances the digital movie collection and viewing experience by allowing consumers to access their favorite digital movies in one place when purchased or redeemed through participating digital retailers. Consumers can also redeem digital copy codes found in eligible Blu-rayTM and DVD disc packages from participating studios and stream or download them through Movies Anywhere. MOVIES ANYWHERE is only available in the United States. For more information, visit https://moviesanywhere.com.
UPHE Website: https://uni.pictures/TheHighNote
UPHE Trailer: https://uni.pictures/TheHighNoteTrailer
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thehighnotefilm/#TheHighNote #TheHighNoteFilm
Cast: Dakota Johnson, Tracee Ellis Ross, Kelvin Harrison, Jr., Bill Pullman, Zoë Chao with Eddie Izzard and Ice Cube
Music Supervisor: Linda Cohen
Costume Designer: Jenny Eagan
Edited By: Wendy Greene Bricmont, ACE
Production Designer: Theresa Guleserian
Director of Photography: Jason McCormick
Executive Producers: Alexandra Loewy, Nathan Kelly
Produced By: Tim Bevan, Eric Fellner
Written By: Flora Greeson
Directed By: Nisha GanatraTECHNICAL INFORMATION DVD:
Street Date: August 11, 2020
Selection Number: 62211100 (US) / 622115660 (CDN)
Layers: DVD 9
Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen 16:9 2.39:1
Rating: PG-13 for some strong language, and suggestive references
Languages/Subtitles: English SDH, French Canadian and Latin American Spanish
Sound: English Dolby Digital 5.1, English Dolby Digital 2.0
Run Time: 1 Hour and 53 Minutes
TECHNICAL INFORMATION BLU-RAY™:
Selection Number: 622110990 (US)/ 622115670 (CDN)
Aspect Ratio: Widescreen 16:9 1.78:1
Rating: PG-13 for some strong language, and suggestive references
Languages/Subtitles: English SDH, French-Canadian and Latin American Spanish
Sound: English DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1, English Dolby Digital 2.0
Run Time: 1 Hours and 53 Minutes
Universal Pictures Home Entertainment (UPHE – www.uphe.com) is a unit of Universal Filmed Entertainment Group (UFEG). UFEG produces, acquires, markets and distributes filmed entertainment worldwide in various media formats for theatrical, home entertainment, television and other distribution platforms, as well as consumer products, interactive gaming and live entertainment. The global division includes Universal Pictures, Focus Features, Universal Pictures Home Entertainment, Universal Brand Development, Fandango, DreamWorks Animation Film and Television and Awesomeness. UFEG is part of NBCUniversal, one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a suite of leading Internet-based businesses. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.