STARVISTA ENTERTAINMENT/TIME LIFE ADDS
EIGHT ADDITIONAL HOURS OF BONUS PROGRAMMING
TO THE WONDER YEARS COMPLETE SERIES
With Bonus Feature Production Wrapped, New Additions to the
Now 23 HOURS of Exclusive Extras Include Commentary on All Six Takes
of Kevin and Winnie’s First Kiss, Brand New Featurettes and the
Complete One Hour Finale as it Originally Aired on ABC
Fairfax, VA — Production has just wrapped on the exclusive extras for THE WONDER YEARS COMPLETE SERIES – including featurettes, commentary, in-depth interviews and more -and StarVista Entertainment/Time Life is excited to announce that eight additional hours of bonus programming will be added to the DVD set, for a total of 23 hours (from the originally announced 15)! THE WONDER YEARS COMPLETE SERIES is available for pre-ordersnow at TimeLife.com/WonderYears.
The new bonus features include:
- Commentary of the first kiss outtakes by Fred (Savage) and Danica (McKellar). As previously announced, the DVD set will include all six takes of the legendary first kiss from Pilot episode, with Fred and Danica originally only commenting on Take #6. Now, the set features commentary from the stars on the previous five takes, and they explain how they nailed it on take #6.
- “That’s a Wrap! Mark B. Perry’s Farewell Set Tour Season 5” — Writer/Producer Mark B. Perry’s home video set tour from the end of his final season on the show, which includes new commentary from him.
- “From the Vault: Alley Mills and Bob Brush Letters” — Alley Mills reads her emotional, written conversation with Executive Producer Bob Brush about the show’s finale.
- The one-hour finale as it was originally aired on ABC on May 12, 1993, including a deleted scene not included in the half-hour broadcasts of the final two episodes (both the one-hour finale and half-hour versions of the final two episodes will be included in the extras).
Expanded featurettes including:
- “I Love You for Sentimental Reasons: Fan Favorite Episodes” — This featurette was produced using comments posted by fans on the official StarVista Entertainment/Time Life Wonder Years Facebook page (if your quote is below, you’re in the featurette!)
“…the (episode) where Kevin and Wayne fight about the empty bedroom”
“The final scene with Wart is absolutely brutal”
“I love (the episode) where they can see their neighbor’s….uh, tomatoes!”
“Any episode with Becky Slater”
“We’re thrilled to be adding eight new hours of bonus programming to the already robust set of extras,” says Jeffrey Peisch, the Senior Vice President, Entertainment Programming & Marketing for StarVista Entertainment/Time Life. “Thanks to our creative, hard-working production team and the incredibly supportive cast and crew of The Wonder Years, we’re going to be delivering a set sure to thrill series fans, who’ve been eagerly awaiting its release for years.”
Never before released on DVD in its entirety – and available now for pre-order — THE WONDER YEARS COMPLETE SERIES will be presented as a 26-disc collector’s set featuring all 115 episodes housed in a replica metal locker, along with a host of extras including 23 total hours of specially-produced bonus programming — featurettes, an incredible cast reunion 16 years in the making and never-before-seen outtakes. THE WONDER YEARS COMPLETE SERIES will be available exclusively online at TimeLife.com/WonderYears for $249.95. Also available day-and-date are THE WONDER YEARS EXPERIENCE ($299.95),which includes all the elements from the COMPLETE SERIES, along with a selection of limited-edition memorabilia created exclusively for this set: a Kennedy Junior High School tee shirt, tube socks, and a vintage gym bag; a Kennedy Junior High School pennant and commemorative patch, The Wonder Years collectible pins, and a newly-produced Wonder Years CD, and THE WONDER YEARS SIGNATURE EDITION ($499.95),limited to 500 sets, includes everything from the COMPLETE SERIES and EXPERIENCE editions; each set will also be hand-signed by Fred Savage, Danica McKellar and other cast members, housed in a numbered locker and accompanied by a numbered Certificate of Authenticity.