‘I AM . . . GABRIEL’ DVD LAUNCHES AUG. 28;
INSPIRES WITH STORY OF ANGEL IN OUR MIDST
SOURCE: Lovell-Fairchild Communications
WHAT: I AM . . . GABRIEL is a moving and mysterious film about divine interaction in our daily lives weaving multiple stories of individuals touched by tragedy and their varied responses to an unlikely messenger from God with an amazing message of hope.
WHO: Starring Dean Cain (Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman), John Schneider (The Dukes of Hazzard, Smallville) and Gavin Casalegno in his breakout role as the title character. I AM . . . GABRIEL is from actor, director, writer and producer Mike Norris, son of legendary performer and martial arts champion Chuck Norris.
WHEN: Aug. 28, 2012
WHY: I AM . . . GABRIEL shows what happens when people turn to God in prayer and start to trust Him for the circumstances in their lives. It brings the mystery of faith to life and encourages viewers to see God at work in every detail.
SYNOPSIS: Promise, Texas, is no place to raise a family. No rain. Businesses failing. The kids can’t wait to grow up and move away. Some folks say the town is cursed. But just when things are at their darkest, a mysterious boy comes out of the wilderness with nothing but the clothes on his back and a strange mat under his arm. He has a message for the people of Promise, but they’re slow to listen. They’re blind to the mirror between the slow death of the town and their own parched souls. Confronted by their spiritual shortcomings, the town’s indignation turns to outrage. Still the boy holds to his message: without Christ there is no hope, and Promise can be remade only through earnest communion with the Father. In the end, with his back against the wall — surrounded by skeptics — the boy is forced to reveal his true identity.
ADDITIONAL STORY IDEAS:
- Small town. Big dreams—In the small, North Texas town of Justin, a group of local citizens wanted to produce a film about reaching out to God when you find yourself in need. These people reached out to Mike Norris, veteran actor and director, who had left Hollywood behind, set up shop in nearby Flower Mound and was committed to creating faith-focused film.
- Making films beyond Hollywood—Veteran actor and director Mike Norris grew up well acquainted with the Hollywood scene—his father is legendary star and martial arts champion Chuck Norris—and immersed himself in it as a young man. But after marrying in 1992, he wanted more from life than Hollywood glitz and parties. He moved to Flower Mound, Texas, near Dallas, established 2nd Fiddle Entertainment and began creating faith-focused films.
PRODUCER: 2nd Fiddle Entertainment
DISTRIBUTOR: EchoLight Studios
- Dean Cain—Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman
- John Schneider—The Dukes of Hazzard, Smallville
- Gavin Casalegno—NOAH, with Russell Crowe (2014)
- Elise Baughman—Monk
- Carey Scott—Birdie & Bogie
- Mike Norris—Director, Walker, Texas Ranger
- Jenn Gotzon—FROST/NIXON
AVAILABILITY: Preorders now, immediate sales and delivery start Aug. 28. The film is available through such leading online and retail providers as Amazon.com, LifeWay Christian Stores, Family Christian Stores, among many others.
For more information, visit: EchoLight.com/iamgabriel