Tribeca Film Festival Most Discussed Films and Celebrities
Living between Sundance and Cannes is Tribeca, which officially kicked off in New York yesterday. Marking its impressive 13th year, the festival aims for a more progressive and inclusive program, which offered opening night general screening tickets as well as substantial music documentary offerings celebrating James Brown, Bjork, Alice Cooper, and Bob Weir. The music theme continues all the way through to the closing film Begin Again – a film about a music executive (Mark Ruffalo) and a young singer-songwriter (Keira Knightley) from director John Carney (Once).
- We have taken a look at the films and celebrities making the biggest splash online thus far at the festival as well as Intent to View scores prior to the festival kick off. Check out our findings below and let us know what you think! Tweet us your thoughts @WayToBlueUS.
- The big winners of the festival so far are Starred Up and Goodbye to All That. They come second and third respectively in terms of volume of buzz.
- When it comes to Intent to View, Goodbye To All That leapfrogs to the number one spot with 81%. Starred Up is again in second place with a 59% Intent score.
- Chef scores some of the highest buzz volumes with 881 mentions. However out of all the films in our most buzzed about Top 10 it has the lowest Intent to View score of 22%, perhaps owing to it being too mainstream or possibly festival-goers having already seen the film at SXSW.
- When it comes to the most discussed celebrities at the festival, Kiera Knightley upsets Chris Messina to first place by one mention!
- Messina, in turn, nudges Mark Ruffalo into third place in our celebrity Top 10…also by one mere mention! Both Ruffalo and Knightley star in the festival’s closing gala, Begin Again, so their high status is not at all surprising.
About Way To Blue and ‘Intent’ Forecasting
The Way To Blue Intent algorithm is based on a combination of social conversation search queries combined with proprietary methodology developed over numerous studies into the film and entertainment Industry. Way To Blue is a global integrated communications agency, delivering insight led strategy and creativity for clients across the film, entertainment and retail industries. www.waytoblue.com