“Delicious family fun. The animation and 3-D effects are simply stunning.” – Betsy Sharkey, Los Angeles Times
“A charming, clever comedy for the whole family.” – Scott Mantz, Access Hollywood
“4 out of 5 stars” – Jordan Hoffman, New York Daily News
A Fun-Filled, Food-Fight Adventure for the Whole Family
CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF MEATBALLS 2
The $100 Million+ Box Office & Critically Acclaimed Hit Debuts Jan. 28
on Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack, Blu-ray™ Combo Pack, DVD & Digital*
Stuffed with More Than an Hour of Mouth-Watering Special Features Including Four Mini-Movies
CULVER CITY, CALIF. (Nov. 27, 2013) – Flint Lockwood (Bill Hader) and the Swallow Falls gang are back with another helping of adventure in Sony Pictures Animation’s CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF MEATBALLS 2, available Jan. 28 on Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack, Blu-ray™ Combo Pack and DVD* from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. Inventor Flint Lockwood thought he saved the world when he destroyed his most infamous invention — a machine that turned water into food, causing edible weather like cheeseburger rain and spaghetti tornadoes. However, he soon learns that his invention survived and is now creating food-animals,
or “foodimals!” Now, Flint and his friends must embark on a dangerously delicious mission to battle hungry tacodiles, shrimpanzees, hippotatomuses, cheespiders and other foodimals to save the world once more.
Fans hungry for more can indulge in a host of bonus materials on the CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF MEATBALLS 2 3D Blu-ray and Blu-ray Combo Packs, including four mini-movies directed by animation veteran David Feiss. The first all-new mini-movie, “Attack of the 50-Foot Gummi Bear,” finds Steve chasing a mischievous gummi that misused one of Flint’s inventions to grow into a 50-foot beast. In the second never-before-seen mini-movie, “Steve’s First Bath,” Flint must quickly alter his plans for a romantic date with Sam after his monkey-cleaning invention goes awry. Both Combo Packs come with two additional previously released mini-movies, “Super Manny” and “Earl Scouts,” along with strawberry-scented scratch ‘n sniff packaging. The Combo Packs and DVD are also stuffed with filmmaker commentary, deleted scenes and seven behind-the-scenes featurettes, including candid interviews with the animators and voice talent, and a look at the stunning end credits and all-new, making-of-the-music video from fan-favorite Cody Simpson.
*Includes Digital HD UltraViolet™
Bill Hader (Night At The Museum: Battle Of The Smithsonian) leads the returning all-star cast that features Anna Faris (House Bunny, Scary Movie franchise), James Caan (Get Smart, TV’s “Las Vegas”), Andy Samberg (TV’s “SNL”), Benjamin Bratt (TV’s “Law & Order”) and Neil Patrick Harris (TV’s “How I Met Your Mother”). Newcomers include Kristen Schaal (TV’s “Flight of the Conchords),
Will Forte (TV’s “SNL”) and Terry Crews (TV’s “Brooklyn Nine-Nine”).
The film is directed by Cody Cameron and Kris Pearn, and was written by Phil Lord, Christopher Miller and Erica Rivinoja. The screenplay is by Erica Rivinoja, John Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein, inspired by the book Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs written by Judi Barrett and illustrated by Ron Barrett. The film is produced by Pam Marsden and Kirk Bodyfelt, and executive produced by Phil Lord and Christopher Miller. Music in the film is by Mark Mothersbaugh, with imagery and animation by Sony Pictures Imageworks, Inc.
Inventor Flint Lockwood thought he had saved the world when he destroyed his most infamous invention — a machine that turned water into food, resulting in cheeseburger rain and spaghetti tornadoes. But Flint soon learns that his invention survived and it is now combining food and animals to create “foodimals!” Flint and his friends embark on an adventurously mouth-watering mission to battle hungry tacodiles, shrimpanzees, hippotatomuses, cheesepiders and other foodimals to save the world – again!
3D Blu-ray & Blu-ray Combo Pack exclusives include:
- Four Mini-Movies*
- “Attack of the 50-Foot Gummi Bear” – Flint’s mischievous gummi bear grows to 50-feet by using his new food-modifying invention while Steve is in charge. Steve must frantically chase the gummi bear and transform him back to normal size before Flint returns to the lab.
- “Steve’s First Bath” – Flint’s failed date with Sam is because of Steve’s mischievous ways.
- “Super Manny” – Manny, the Jack of all trades, saves an adorable kitty with his many skills.
- “Earl Scouts” – The Foodimals join Earl’s scouting program but are very competitive.
- Deleted Scenes
3D Blu-ray, Blu-ray and DVD bonus features include:
- Filmmaker Commentary with directors Cody Cameron and Kris Pearn
- Seven All-New Featurettes:
- “Anatomy of a Foodimal” – Flamangos, Cheesespiders, Hippotatomuses! Oh my! Sit down with filmmakers to discuss the inspiration behind these wacky food-animal hybrids that have taken over Swallow Falls, and chat with the gang to find out how they came up with the Food-imal’s creative and amusing names.
- “Production Design: Back in the Kitchen” – Where do you go after it rains cheeseburgers all over Swallow Falls? Back to the kitchen of course! Hear from filmmakers Cody Cameron and Kris Pearn on how they came up with stories and jokes for the film.
- “Awesome End Credits” – Dive into the end credit sequence with the filmmakers and discover how they used a mix of 3D, 2D, stop motion and live action.
- “Cloudy Café: Who’s On the Menu?” – Hear from newcomers Will Forte and Kristen Schaal about what drew them (pun intended) to this animated feature and how they “discovered” the voices of Chester V and Barb. Then, sit down with Terry Crews, as he steps into the pair of size 12 shoes left by Mr. T to portray Officer Earl Devereaux. Plus, hear from all your returning favorites including Anna Ferris and Bill Hader.
- “Building the Foodimals” – Animators discuss creating and animating the foodimals.
- “The Sasquash “- Exploring all the places in the film that the sneaky Sasquash is hiding.
- “Delicious Production Design” – Animators discuss the design of the film
- Cody Simpson “La Da Dee” Music Video & Making of the video featurette
*Attack of the 50-Foot Gummi Bear and Steve’s First Bath are all-new mini-movies
CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF MEATBALLS 2 has a running time of approximately 95 minutes and is rated PG for mild rude humor.
Visit Sony Home Entertainment on the Web at www.SonyPictures.com.
UltraViolet is an entirely new way to collect and enjoy your digital entertainment, giving you the power to instantly access your movies and TV shows with unprecedented flexibility. For more information, visit www.uvvu.com.
SONY PICTURES HOME ENTERTAINMENT
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America, a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE’s global operations encompass motion picture production and distribution; television production and distribution; home entertainment acquisition and distribution; a global channel network; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; development of new entertainment products, services and technologies; and distribution of entertainment in 159 countries. For additional information, go to http://www.sonypictures.com/
SONY PICTURES ANIMATION
Sony Pictures Animation produces a variety of animated and family entertainment for audiences around the world. The studio is following its worldwide comedy hits—the 2012 monster hit comedy Hotel Transylvania, the hybrid live action/animated blockbusters The Smurfs and The Smurfs 2, and the 2009 mouth-watering Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs—with the family comedy Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs 2 in theaters now. Sony Pictures Animation also released a brand new mini-movie on DVD and television this Fall, The Smurfs: The Legend of Smurfy Hollow. The studio, in conjunction with Aardman Animations, has produced two critically acclaimed feature films: the CG-animated family comedy Arthur Christmas; and the Academy Award® nominated stop-frame animated high-seas adventure, The Pirates! Band of Misfits. In 2007, Surf’s Up also received an Academy Award® nomination for Best Animated Feature Film. The division, whose first feature film Open Season led to a very successful movie franchise, turned 10 in 2012. Sony Pictures Animation is an operating unit of Sony Pictures Digital Productions