‘LINSANITY THE MOVIE’–OCT. 4
JEREMY LIN’S FAITH-FUELED HOOP
DREAMS IN THEATERS AND ON VOD
‘Jeremy Lin conquered Harvard, the NBA and Sundance.’ MTVe
LOS ANGELES – Sept. 16, 2013 – Basketball phenom Jeremy Lin’s history-making, record-breaking, breathtaking NBA ascendancy is just as remarkable for its backstory of setbacks and personal faith. And that’s what comes to life—in theaters and on VOD—with the Oct. 4 debut of LINSANITY, a film for anyone who ever rooted for the underdog.
From Director Evan Jackson Leong and narrated by Daniel Dae Kim (Hawaii Five-O, Lost), LINSANITY follows an undersized California kid—a child of Taiwanese immigrants—who loved hoops fiercely and refused to give up. It’s also the story of the faith and family that sustained and guided him through physical and societal obstacles, and past heartbreaking setbacks.
“If I learn a lot, if I grow a lot through tough times, that’s part of His perfect plan,” Lin says.
More to the Jeremy Lin Story Than You May Know
Lin was a benchwarmer about to be released by the 2012 New York Knicks—the third team to cut him in two months—when a chance to play propelled him into national headlines and sudden status as an NBA starter and team leader.
But it was just the latest Hollywood-worthy hurdle cleared by the first-ever Asian-American NBA star.
- As a high school player in California Lin experienced racial ridicule but led his team to a state title, defeating an “unbeatable” opponent.
- Big college programs showed no interest, so Lin attended Harvard with no scholarship, where the basketball coach built his program around Lin.
- With no NBA draft, Lin became a free agent, twice signing and getting cut before the Knicks gave him a last chance.
Known for outworking anyone on the court, Jeremy despaired of ever seeing his true chance in the NBA. What kept him going? Faith in God, he says—and it’s a topic he far prefers over the “Linsanity” mania.
Showing the important roles of parents, brothers, pastor and friends, LINSANITY inspires viewers with a young man’s journey—and faith story—through the highs and lows of a life that stands ready to affect many more lives, worldwide, for great good.
Connect on Facebook and Twitter
The Film Was an Underdog, Too
Echoing its subject’s surprising success, the film LINSANITY has its own underdog story:
- From 12,000 entries, it was one of 119 “Official Selections” of the Sundance Film Festival where it earned an opening-night standing ovation.
- A crowd-funded project, it topped its $125,000 Kickstarter goal.
- A Sundance favorite with the media:
- “One of the most crowd-pleasing documentaries to play the festival this year.” Los Angeles Times
- “A sports doc with abundant heart persuasively chronicles the emergence of a global phenomenon.” The Hollywood Reporter
- “Jeremy Lin conquered Harvard, the NBA and Sundance.” MTV
In Theaters October 4
MARKET CITY THEATER
New York Manhattan AMC Village 7
Los Angeles Monterey Park, Calif. AMC Atlantic Times Square 14
San Francisco San Francisco Sundance Kabuki Cinema
San Francisco Cupertino, Calif. Bluelight Cinema 5
Houston Houston AMC Studio 30 and Sundance Cinemas
Washington, D.C. Gaithersburg, Md. AMC Rio 18
Chicago Chicago AMC River East 21
San Diego Camino Del Rio, Calif. AMC Mission Valley 20
In Theaters October 11
Seattle Lynnwood, Wash. AMC Alderwood 16
Video On Demand
LINSANITY will also release on VOD on Oct. 4, on VOD platforms including Comcast, Time Warner Cable, Verizon, DirecTV, Dish, Cox Cable, Bright House and Charter.
LINSANITY—from Ketchup Entertainment, 408 Films and Arowana Films in association with ENDGAME Entertainment and Defy Agency.
To learn more, visit: LinsanitytheMovie.com